PLANNER II (Portland office)
We appreciate your interest in Mackenzie! Due to an expanding project base, we are looking for qualified and motivated individuals for full-time Urban and Land Use Planner positions.
Mackenzie is a regional design firm with offices in Portland Oregon and Vancouver and Seattle Washington. Project types include site development and site selection services; economic analysis; policy planning; zoning and comprehensive plan development; subarea planning to support community growth and economic development; and due diligence/entitlement for institutional, commercial office, retail, mixed use, and industrial development projects. This position requires the ability to address multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment. We have a vibrant and active corporate culture that supports employee growth and rewards high performing employees.
Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, geography, public policy, economics, or related field and minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work experience in the field
- Extensive experience in the following areas:
- Oregon and Washington zoning, building, environmental/natural resources, transportation, and related development codes and land use laws.
- Oregon and Washington land use and entitlement approval processes and procedures
- Market elements of real estate
- Preparing land use application packages and procedural requirements for land use approvals
- Technical experience and proficiency in application and use of ArcMap GIS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with clients, firm staff, and agency personnel
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Project management including marketing, budget/schedule, execution, and follow up with appropriate agencies and project personnel
- Preparation and participation in project presentations, including public hearings, neighborhood meetings, and pre-application conferences, as well as special reports, master plans, and entitlement applications
- Interaction with public agencies in support of land use applications and building permits; assistance with other permitting duties as assigned
- Investigation/research of zoning, demographic and market research, market surveys, property/site information, and other due diligence tasks
- Supervision/coordination of company’s permitting services
- Oversight and mentoring junior staff regarding zoning, property information, and related materials
- Assistance in planning aspects of all project types and preparation of land use strategy and recommendations, including multi-discipline projects and coordination with other in-house disciplines and outside consultants
- Efficiency, productivity, and quality control in area of responsibility