We currently have openings in our Portland, Vancouver, and Seattle offices for Assistant Planners. Project types include site development and site selection services; economic analysis policy planning; master planning for community development; and due diligence/entitlement for institutional, commercial office, retail, mixed use, and industrial development projects. This position requires the ability to address multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, geography, public policy, economics, or related field and 1-3 years of demonstrated work experience
- A general understanding and/or experience in the following areas:
- Oregon and/or Washington zoning, building, environmental/natural resources, and related development codes and land use laws.
- Oregon and/or Washington land use and entitlement approval processes and procedures
- Market elements of real estate
- Technical experience and proficiency in application and use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) ArcMap
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites and related software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with clients, firm staff, and agency personnel